Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sweetness -

Yesterday was not a great day. Between the DVD player dying during Ratatouille, the garbage disposal conking out in the early afternoon, and Ryan coming home to tell me that his car was broken down in the driveway, (after getting a jump start at work just to make it home) the badness just seemed to keep escalating. I was set to take our friends' dog out for a run at the park last night after dinner, (which I enjoy tremendously) but instead I followed behind the tow truck with Ryan's car, with the kids in the back, (who thought it was an adventure, and just the coolest thing ever, to see Daddy's car on a tow truck) and I thought, this isn't sad anymore, it's just laughable, it was that ridiculous. (and I might have laughed, if it weren't such a failure of a day) Momma said there'd be days like this.

Today? Today has been good. We all slept in, even Brooke, (!) until 8:30. We played. We laughed. (I cleaned, vacuumed, and did laundry, which I consider good, but who wants to read about that?) The kids splashed around in their pool while I got some sun. They're both napping now, and I'll hopefully be able to get a do-over, and get that run in with my furry running partner tonight.

Pierson is saying some new phrases. Yesterday it was "hold me," (which is really cute, and it's not in a clingy way, just a randomly sweet way) and today it's "where's it going?" Aka- the school bus driving down the street, "where's it going?" And when I answer, he asks sweetly, "why?" (he learned that one from his sister!) I tell you, the kid will ask you why until you run out of answers. I don't really mind the why's. Both of our kids are just inquisitive and curious about the way everything works, and I want to encourage that. (I only mind if they ask "why" when I tell them to do something. :))

Have a great day. :)

No comments: