Friday, July 8, 2011

Words -

Love it; Pierson can say his name now! If I ask him, "what's your name?" he will point to his chest, and say, "Pierson!" He also really likes to distinguish between his things, and Brooke's things. Though he likes to call her, "Brookie." :) (Ex:"Brookie's cup, Pierson's cup.") Sitting at the dinner table the other night, he starts calling out, "Pieeeeerson! Brooookieee!" Gosh, I love this kid.

I'm babysitting a friend's son, Nikolas, this morning, and Pierson, out of blue, started calling him, "Nicky!"

Brooke is still having nightmares at night, which, since I discovered what's going on, I have a lot more patience and sympathy for. The other night, it was "scary bugs in my room" and she literally woke up thinking she had bug bites on her arm. :( When I told her that, no, her arm didn't have bites, and there were no bugs in her room, she asked, "were they pretend?" So, at night we now talk about things she likes, like dogs, fish, cars, and I tell her that if she thinks about them before she falls asleep, she just might dream about them. :) She really likes that idea, and it has made bedtime less scary for her. I ask her what she would like to dream about tonight, and she gives me a fun little scenario. :)

Speaking of scary bugs, I came home the other night from my run in the park, and discovered a tick on my stomach as I went to shower. It has literally been over 5 years since I've seen a tick, and it gave me the heebie jeebies! (thankfully it was a large, run of the mill tick, not a little deer tick) I guess I'll be dousing myself with bug spray prior to park runs from now on! Gross. But, I so enjoy running in the park.

I take the kids to the pet store fairly often as free entertainment. Brooke is a huge fan of the rodent section and the fish, and Pierson's favorite are the birds. We have a grand ole time, and get to leave all of the little pets at the store. :) This past time, though, Brooke started asking if she could have a hamster; specifically, she asked if she could have one for her birthday. She's even thought of a name! Remembering that I had my first pet, a bird, at her (about to turn) age, Ryan and I are considering it. Heck, a hamster sounded WAY better to Ryan than what his son would like to have! :) Ryan hates birds with a passion. Of course I'd still be taking care of the theoretical pet, but I think she's getting to the age where she can help care for one. (feeding it, giving it water, playing with it, etc. all with supervision) But, we haven't completely decided yet.

Well, we're off to the playground! Have a great weekend! :)

No comments: