Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th -

Well, we came, we saw, we conquered. We had a really wonderful holiday, and a fabulous long weekend in general. :) We were fairly busy and productive, and just generally enjoyed our family time together.

I've been amazed a lot this year with how "easy" the kids are getting as they get older. In so far as they are more easily adaptable to whatever we are doing, can even skip naps if it occasionally calls for it, and are generally fairly happy with whatever we're doing. I love that we've been able to ditch one of the baby gates now that Pierson has been able to navigate the stairs up and down for quite a while now. I love that they enjoy playing together, and now will sometimes go off together to play without me, sometimes on different levels of our home. I love their energy. I love their laughter together. I love their independence and togetherness. As they get older, they, of course, become more challenging to parent, discipline, and guide, (and I'm aware that it becomes increasingly so as they get older) but nevertheless I am LOVING this stage.

Recently, Brooke went through a home movie kick, and was asking to watch all sorts of home movies--from birthdays to Christmas to the Zoo to Mommy & Daddy's wedding--she was fascinated by it all. I have to say, watching home movies from when Brooke was a baby, and when Pierson was a baby, it made my heart ache. It's crazy to hear their little sounds and watch their little expressions and think simultaneously, "I can't believe you were that little," and, "Oh my gosh, that's so you!" Hearing their little baby noises made me squeeze them a little tighter, and count my blessings.

But... it in no way made me want another baby! How crazy is that? It makes me thankful for THEM, but in no way makes me want a new one. Yet. Maybe I will feel differently down the road? Maybe not. I guess we will see. For now, though, we are so very good.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from our 4th of July. :) We went to the town parade in the morning, hung out with our friends for lunch and a couple hours at the pool, nap times for the kids, grilled burgers and made s'mores, (of course!) and then braved the possibility of a downpour to go see the fireworks. Radar wasn't looking too promising, but we went anyway, and aside from a few sprinkles at the beginning, the rain went right around us. :)


Brooke at the parade!


Daddy & Pierson~


Sweetie pie~ Her favorite part of the parade was "candy!" which was passed out throughout the parade. Silly girl :)


My little man watching the parade :) He especially the loved the dogs, balloons, firetrucks, and vintage cars


Sparklers! This was their first experience with them :)


Brooke LOVED the sparklers!



Our kids :)


So cool.


Love this!


Hope you all had a happy and safe 4th!

No comments: