Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Day...

...new blog. In an effort to start blogging again, I figured it was time for a new blog--new name, new address, new design, new everything--I'm turning over a new leaf! I really loved looking back at my old posts, and I figure since there's never a shortage on things to talk about these days, I might as well try this again. I've blogged for so long that it feels kind of strange to NOT be writing anymore. I won't be updating my old Xanga site anymore, though--that was too much of a pain--but I'll be linking from my old blog. If you made it over here--hi! :)

The last time I blogged, Pierson had just had his first birthday. Now he's just about to turn 18 months old, and is a full fledged "little person," as Ryan will sometimes marvel. He's an awesome little boy. He has a growing-by-the-day list I've put on our fridge of all the words he has said--we're at #43--and it's amazing to me how effortless it is for him. He's just as energetic as Brooke, and loves to follow her around and copy the things she does. He adores her. They have a great relationship now, which makes having them this close in age such a blessing.

Brooke will be turning 4 in August, and, as she likes to tell everyone, will be having a "Nemo party!" Yes, she has already picked out her party theme. :) Now that the weather is getting warmer, she's ecstatic to be outside more, and loves to explore the vast backyard. (She believes the entire communal area behind our house is "her backyard", which, even with as much as I initially wanted a fence, is kind of nice now.) Both of the kids really enjoy being outdoors, and it definitely helps with getting their energy out. It'll be nice in another month or so when we can break out the water table and wading pool, and spend much of the day out on our deck. :) Not that I'm rushing spring, by any means... the weather is just starting to get warm now, and I still have yet to see any of the creepy crawly creatures of the frightening variety that I dislike so much.

I've been spring cleaning recently, and I've also been sprucing up the house a bit, which has been fun. A new brushed nickel chandelier graces our dining room, (Freecycle! It replaced the ugly brass one) new pillows in the living room, (replacing the 5 year old ones!) and I'm trying to figure out where to put these new curtains. (thank you, again, Freecycle!) I also had the idea recently, as I was laying in bed NOT sleeping, to take Brooke's exisiting beige blackout drapes and sew pink fabric on top to match the rest of her room. I also want to add curtain rings to the top, so she's able to open and close them all by herself. :) Our yard is looking better these days, too, as I've been doing quite a bit of landscaping outdoors. It's that time of year, and I LOVE it. And, finally, I'm trying to think of ways to get creative again, and maybe even get paid for it. (Etsy, perhaps?)

For now, I've got enough going on to keep me busy. Some days I think about how, with the ages our kids are, it's sort of easy. At least, easier than some of the stages we've already been through. Then we have days that definitely solidify in my mind that two kids are PLENTY, thankyouverymuch. Babies don't get easier, really--the challenges just change.

I somehow managed to lose my camera during the Christmas holiday. It was Christmas Eve--all of the presents were under the tree, the stockings were filled, the kids' new ball pit ("from Santa") was set up with a big bow, it was dark and the white lights made the living room look magical--the perfect Christmas setting--and I went to grab my camera... and couldn't find it. We searched the entire house, even both of our vehicles (just in case) and it was nowhere to be found. I thought maybe after the decorations came down, we'd find it, but we didn't. I was so frustrated that I nearly broke down into tears. I have two little kids--I NEED a camera. I've been using our new Canon HD DVD recorder to take pictures since then, which is not ideal, (no flash, and not the greatest quality, especially if there is not much light) but it works. I've asked for a new camera for my birthday, and if I do get one, I will be taking SO many pictures.. just because I can.

So, there you have it.

4 comments:

Amanda Wissmann said...

I am SO glad you're back around {even though I talk to you daily} it's different reading your blog :) Besides, that's how our friendship got started, so it just seems right!

LOVE the new name {it totally fits} and seems like a progression from Sweetest Dream without completely changing who you are :) Also love the new layout!

Consider yourself followed! I love you!

Shawna said...

Welcome back!!! That really stinks about your camera! :-( Sometimes I swear there is a black hole that sucks up random things and maybe one day I will find all those bobby pins, spare socks, and old binkies that went missing into thin air!! LOL.

I will definitely follow your new blog!

Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

I used to follow your blog on Xanga, but have also made a move to a new blog. I would die without my camera!

I can't wait to read more

1HecticMommy
http://1hecticmommy.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

WELCOME BACK!!!! I'm so glad to see you'll be blogging again, I've missed reading!