Tuesday, April 12, 2011

iRun ~

As of Saturday, my 28th birthday is now less than a month away. (5/9) In spite of not really wanting to be a year older, I AM pretty excited about my birthday this year, because... I'll be getting these:



(K-Swiss Tubes 100 in "Sunrise")


Ryan and I talked about it a couple of months ago and decided that our gifts to each other this year would be new athletic shoes. (He will also be getting K-Swiss Tubes) I know, there's no surprise aspect, but we both need a new pair, and we're getting GOOD pairs. Not in all cases, but in most, you get what you pay for, and it's become increasingly evident that I need more supportive shoes, especially after suffering a stress fracture in my foot last month, and STILL aggravating it when I work out too hard. It's annoying. I literally can't go running, unless I want to walk with a limp for a few days. And I have to position my foot just so on my elliptical machine to prevent hurting my foot.

Ryan actually did some research on shoes for me, because I want a good pair for running that also has substantial arch support, since that seems to be my biggest problem. He came up with the K-Swiss Tubes 100. I tried them on at Lady FootLocker, and they felt AMAZING. (I even ran around the store/jumped around to really try them out. Sorry, LF.) I also tried on the Asics Gel-Kayano 17, because I've read that they're excellent running shoes, not to mention super pretty. (though literally twice the cost of the K-Swiss) Honestly, there was no comparison. The K-Swiss were light and "squishy" while the Asics felt like a lead balloon.

Normally, I buy everything in PINK. It's a sickness, really; I'm a sucker for anything pink. But I'm pretty proud of myself, because I'm branching out and trying something new and bold. :) At first they look a bit shocking, but at the same time, that's kinda why I like them. The sunrise color won't be released until 4/29--just in time for my birthday, and I CAN'T WAIT. :)

Happy (rainy) Tuesday!

No comments: