Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesdays and Turtles -

Day 2 is done. Ryan didn't have to leave until later this morning, so I took the opportunity to go running this morning rather than being inside on the elliptical. I took up running a little while ago, and I really enjoy it. I kept remembering how I used to run every day with my dog, Lexy, when I was a teenager, and how 1) I was very fit, and 2) it was just fun, and I looked forward to it. Even now, hearing a song that I used to run to years ago, I have very happy memories of it. Of course, memory and reality is a bit different. Getting back into it after so long was hard, and I didn't enjoy it at first, but the more you do it, the easier it gets, and the longer you can go.

All that being said, I always work out in the afternoon during the kids' nap time, and usually if it's a day that I'm running, I can't go until after dinner. (once Ryan is home, and it's not as hot outside) So, running in the morning is totally new to me.

I won't lie.. I felt like a brick. I was excited when I first stepped outside, because, hey, it's actually kind of cool outside at 6:30 AM. :) It was breezy and a mere 73 degrees.. though already humid. (can't escape that around here, though, even if you're running at 3 in the morning) As I started to run, I felt stiff and heavy.. like a brick. I didn't at all feel like my normal peppy self; I felt heavy, as though I had weights pulling my legs down. I thought if I pushed through it, I'd eventually loosen up, but no. I did stretch beforehand, too. So, it wasn't very fun, but it was easier and more distracting being outside. I kept going, and got back to the house at 7:20--just in time to find Brooke coming down the stairs. :)

I'll be curious to see if this gets any easier after a week. I will say, though.. I had a VERY productive day yesterday! I was practically bouncing off the walls yesterday morning, and was able to get so much done. And, not having to use half of the kids' nap time to work out, I was able to get more done during that free time.

Yesterday was a big day... Pierson said "love you" for the very first time. :) He was pushing his toy shopping cart, pretending to be leaving to go somewhere, and said, "buh-bye, love you." I pretty much melted into a puddle right there. Gosh, I love him. Another thing I love hearing him say is "tickles," which sounds like he's saying, "turtles." :) (I LOVE his mispronunciations and never want him to stop.) Both of the kids LOVE to be tickled, and will beg for more if I stop. They're both very ticklish, though. Just brushing Brooke's hair into a pony tail, and having the brush touch her neck, she starts giggling. And Pierson has super ticklish feet; just trying to clip his toe nails, he squirms and laughs, saying, "it turtles!" :) I love my kids.

No comments: