Thursday, July 28, 2011

Babies and Brilliance -

Whoops, missed my morning post. We've been busy today. :) Ryan attended the funeral of a coworker's mother last night, which was 2 hours away, and we ended up going to bed pretty late. I turned off the alarm at 6:30 this morning, and accidentally slept till 6:57! I was exhausted.. finally got out of bed at 7:10, and Brooke was already awake, so my morning workout was out. I ended up working out after the kids went down for their nap this afternoon, which felt AWESOME, and I ended up burning 70 more calories than I did yesterday morning, so... can't really call it a failure.

I GOT A NEW PHONE TODAY! My new every 2 with Verizon finally came around, and I got to pick out a bright, shiny new phone. (not through Verizon, however.. was not impressed at all by their selection) It's pretty exciting, because I've been using a 4+ year-old back-up phone for the past year, after my last phone went haywire from water damage. My wish list included a touch screen, and pull out keyboard, without having to pay for a data package. (cannot and will not spend $80+ a month for cell service!) So, this Samsung phone below fit the bill, and I ordered the pink case off of eBay. I am a happy, happy girl.


While we were out and about, Pierson started calling out colors that he saw.. and he got them all right. Blue! Why yes, that's blue. Orange! Why yes, that's orange. Purple! Wow, that IS purple! It's crazy. I know I've said I'm amazed by this kid, but really.. I'm amazed by this kid. He's not even 22 months old yet!

Recently Freecycle has been a real blessing for our family. I was able to get a few new decor pieces, including a framed print, brand new thatched throw pillow, (looks perfect in Ryan's leather chair!) and a Pottery Barn wrought iron/cherry hanging picture frame. But the real excitement came yesterday, when two different, very nice Freecyclers chose to give us baby dolls and tons of baby doll accessories. Brooke has recently taken an interest in baby dolls (finally!!) so I had pulled out her two little babies out of storage. That's all we had, though. The Freecyclers gave us.. an American Girl Bitty Baby white wooden bed, two doll strollers, a wooden clothes trunk, a baby swing, a Moses basket, TONS of clothes and 4 baby dolls. Brooke was in absolute heaven! I was in heaven! Seeing my baby girl loving on her new baby dolls made me so happy. I've always known she's a kind, tenderhearted little girl, but I've never seen her as nurturing as she was with her babies.

The best part? I brought all of her new babies and things and set them up in her bedroom, and, before she got into bed, she rocked her babies and sang to them... the same song I sing to her every night. It took everything I had in me not to cry in front of her. She whispered "night night" to them, and got into bed. My sweet, sweet Brooke.


Rocking and singing to her baby ~
(Don't judge the jammies--I let her pick them out :))


Kisses for her baby ~


Making sure they stay nice and warm :)

Oh, it does my heart good. Our kids make life so much happier.

No comments: