Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sweet as Honey ~

I was pretty busy yesterday, and didn't have time to write. You know you just may be enjoying blogging again when something happens throughout the day, and you think, "I need to remember to blog about that." This may stick after all. :)

Yesterday, we were watching Rubbadubbers shortly before bed, when Brooke asked me if she could have the purple whale from the show. I thought about that a second, because I don't think they even MAKE Rubbadubbers toys, but before I could respond, she said, "Well, maybe we can get it on sale." I laughed so hard! She clearly is her mother's daughter.

Recently, she has been referring to me as "honey." (namely when she's trying to explain something to me, ie. "well, honey, I had to bring my blanket downstairs because my toes were cold." ) At first, it really took me by surprise--what 3 year-old calls their mom "honey?" Well, a 3 year-old who 9 times out of 10 is called honey by her mom! I didn't even REALIZE how often I call her honey until she started copying me, and now I'm so aware of it. She says it so affectionately that it makes my heart happy, because that's how she must hear it from me.

These days she's always making up songs. I waited SO long to hear her sing anything, but now she sing songs her way through everyday activities. Everything is deserving of a song, in her eyes. :) She also knows way more songs than I imagined. Yesterday, as I went to get her up from her nap, I could hear her singing as I was coming up the stairwell. "Bob the builder, CAN WE FIX IT? Bob the builder, YES, WE CAN!" We rarely even watch Bob the Builder! But, she seems to know a lot of show theme songs, which I think is cute. Heck, I still remember the theme songs of Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Fraggle Rock...

Last night, as I was putting Pierson to bed, I was quietly singing to him "A Bushel and a Peck," when all of a sudden Brooke started singing it with me, word for word! She then wanted to sing it several more times, which I happily obliged to, because I was such a proud momma.

I have such sweet kids. I wish I could bottle them up, and keep them this little.

1 comment:

Eva said...

So precious! I love that they are so happy that they want to make everything into a song! That is such a blessing. Years ago I started singing a song called "I'm glad I met you" that was in a Judy Garland movie to Aaron and Bryce when I babysat them. It stuck. Their mom had to learn it too to help them get to sleep. When I had my own girls, I sang it to them too and they still sometimes ask me to sing it to them at the ages of 11, 10, and 8! (of course Lydia still gets to hear it regularly.) When you mentioned "A Bushel and a Peck" it reminded me that mom used to sing that to us. Who sang it to you Emily, your mom or dad? Just curious! Anyway, we may not be able to stop them from growing out of these cute stages, but at least we are enjoying the journey! :)